Friday, August 7, 2009

Another Day in the Kitchen

For you, my awesome readers, a repeat invitation into my kitchen. My parents arrive tomorrow and the onslaught of food shall begin. I will be sure to document every bite as we make our way through almost all the vegan eateries in San Francisco and places surrounding, but for today, I was left to my own devices at home again. Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

If there's anything better than a perfectly juicy bright red strawberry, I've never had it. Organic, and at full ripeness, I knew this pint of fresh-picked berries would make a great breakfast. But woman can not live on berries alone (chocolate, on the other hand....). So, I mixed them with some of Nature's Path Brown Rice Puffs, a banana, and some Low Fat Unsweetened Almond Milk. This is no novelty, as I eat this pretty often, and I think it just might be my favorite breakfast. In fact, I have more strawberries on hand and can't wait to eat it again tomorrow!

For lunch, as usual, there was the infamous big salad. The go-to ingredients (lettuce, sprouts, cucumber, tomato) were all in place, and then I topped it with some Savory Baked Tofu. I took the picture before dressing, but for the record, I used some Vegan Ranch, which I cut with about a tablespoon of stone-ground mustard because, for me, ranch alone can be too heavy and not acidic enough. Try it sometime. Yum.Dinner was about as simple as they come. Two ingredients make up this plate: Baked sweet potato, and steamed kale. A little salt, a little pepper, and viola! I love how the sweetness of the potatoes play off the bitter greens. There is something so satisfying about eating a meal this simple and this tasty. It's soul-nourishing... at least to me.

So there you have it. Stay tuned, as things are about to get crazy around here as we've got dinner (and sometimes lunch and breakfast as well) plans every night for a week starting tomorrow. Hooray for good eats!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the comment! I know i've been adding peanut butter to everything! I've been indulging in ice cream a lot :) I can't stand boost- but I'd rather just get it over with! I think Ill start adding EVOO to everything! haha, but if you lost 3 pounds, and maintained that- then thats what your body wants! Its what it is happy with :)

Sky said...

Pretty sure this comment wasn't meant for me, considering it references things I've never written about, and I've never commented on anything you wrote... but, hey, welcome to EWWO! :)