Monday, June 30, 2008

The Parrots of Telegraph Hill

Look what I found in the bushes by my apartment yesterday! These famous San Francisco parrots were enjoying the fruits of my local foliage and I couldn't have been happier. Better yet, according to my neighbor, they come here every year around July 1st like clockwork, and will be around for the whole month. I love catching a glimpse of these beauties flying around while I'm out walking, but I've never seen them so up close and personal. Bird-lover that I am, you can imagine my delight. It is with great affection that I name these wild parrots as my favorite vegan thing of the day.

2 comments:

Melynda said...

Hey I just ran across your blog as I googled, "Vegan Parrots". You are so lucky to be able to live in that area where the parrots are free. I saw the documentary on them and find them so fascinating. I will be creating a blog soon about vegan parrots, since I am not finding any info about the subject on the internet. I have a parrot, 2 rescued budgies, and a rescued cockatiel that share my home and I'm always looking for healthy vegan recipies that I can share with my birds. Thanks for your blog!

Sky said...

Glad you found my blog, Melynda. I had a vegan parrot for years and am a big bird lover in general. I look forward to reading your blog about you and your fine-feathered friends!