Monday, July 20, 2009

Amici's Delivery

After driving 6 hours to get home from L.A., I thought about starting to blog about all the great eating I did when I was there while while I made a nice big pot of soup. Then I got tired and decided to write this short blog about the pizza I ordered instead. :) Forgive me.

So, long story short: I've wanted to try Amici's pizza ever since they changed all their soy cheese to the vegan Cheezly brand, but just haven't gotten around to it. Well, tonight I know what I've been missing.... and it is good. I got two small pies - their vegan pie, called the Asante, which has no red sauce, but is topped with broccoli, onions, spinach, basil, tomatoes and soy cheese.......



... and then their Margherita, which is sauce, tomatoes, basil, and cheese. That's one of the awesome things about Amici's - you can get any of their pizzas made with soy cheese instead of regular - even the meaty pies, though that would just be weird, imo.

Anyhoo, they were the closest thing to amazing that has been delivered to my house in a long time. I had never tried Cheezly before, and it's pretty great. Even the husband liked it. Cheese aside, the crust and toppings were perfectly cooked and seasoned. I am now one tired, though very satisfied, vegan lass. Oh, and I know I live close to the joint (about 8 blocks) but it still amazed me when my order arrived in 20 minutes. Hooray for promptness! Next time you're feeling too tired to cook, or even leave the house, call up Amici's and try some cruelty-free yumminess.

Next up, my L.A. eats. Must rest and digest first....

No comments: