Monday, January 25, 2010

Paltry Pate



Remember when I tried that Alexian tofu mushroom pate a month or so ago? Well it wasn't that great. Kind of bland and tasteless actually. But, I do like anything you can spread on crackers, so I decided to give their tomato basil variety a try last night. That's it over there on left. Looks tasty enough, right? Eh, not so much. I found it was better after I sprinkled some salt and pepper on it, but still it was pretty boring and blah. Now I know better... and so do you.


Quite a bit of dining out at old faves coming up, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, the rain is keeping me in and I'm enjoying some good eats at home. Salads and soups mostly. Tonight was avocado salad and black bean soup. Mmmmm.

Until next time, eat well everyone!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Thanks for trying our product. I was really interested to read your comment about the Alexian Tomato Basil Vegan Pate. We too would have added more salt but we did not want to exceed 180 grams per serving in deference to those who limit their sodium intake. However, we find it very tasty if served in Tostito "Scoops" or on Tortilla chips! Try spreading some into the hollow of a celery stick!

We always welcome your suggestions. If you have an idea you would like to share with us please contact us via our website www.alexianpate.com

- Laurie from Alexian

Sky said...

Laurie,

My only suggestion would be more oomph in the taste department. I like the texture and packaging, it just didn't have the flavor. So many companies assume that just because something is vegan, us veggies will flock to it. We have palates too!

:)