Friday, January 23, 2009

Another Update

It's cold and rainy in San Francisco, which is not exactly ice cream weather, but I wanted to give you an update on Ciao Bella all the same. When I posted about their awesome chocolate sorbetto a little while ago, I noticed the nutritional information on the website did not match what was printed on the pint in my freezer. The web version had 210 calories and a ton of fat per serving, while mine only had 157 calories and was practically fat free. I emailed the company and received a response within 24 hours. Gotta love that. What's not to love is the news that they've reformulated their chocolate sorbet and the new version, to be hitting store shelves soon, is higher in calories and fat. The nice lady who wrote me back went on to suggest their Blackberry Cabernet sorbet as it's low in calories, vegan, and quite yummy. But the best part is that she sent me two coupons for free pints. Woo-hoo! What a great company....

In other news, my camera is still not back from the service center, but the only restaurant I've been to lately is DOSA. Nothing to update there: It still rocks. Hopefully I'll be hitting some new restaurants soon, camera in hand. I'm actually waiting to hear back from Manressa to see if they can accommodate a vegan on Valentine's Day. As soon as I'm done typing this, I'm going back to keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: