Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wedding Fave

I'm packing my bags and heading back to NJ (was there a month ago, remember?) for a wedding, so I thought my favorite thing for today should be wedding-related. I don't know about you, but my favorite part of the wedding is the cake. OK, so that's not really true, but it would be if all wedding cakes were vegan! Unfortunately, I am usually left with nothing but decaf loaded with sugar to sate my sweet tooth at weddings. Luckily, there are plenty of bakeries out there looking to change that. On that note, my fave for today was my fave on my own wedding day: Hannah's Edible Art. We went with the more traditional flavors, but were incredibly tempted by all the exotic offerings at our tasting. Combinations like almond and mango or green tea and lemon were out of this world, but no matter what wins over your palate, your eyes won't believe how beautiful these cakes are! That one in the picture is our actual cake. If only I could recreate it and bring a slice with me to NJ. Alas, it'll most likely be decaf for me this time around, but it's all about the love anyway...... right?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my 30th (gulp!) birthday cake was from Leda's (http://www.ledasbakeshop.com/)! Totally delicious and vegan! Not all their cakes are vegan however. Mine was vanilla coconut, and I still dream about it!

Sky said...

Leda's is on my list of places to visit next time in LA. Perhaps we can go together next time I'm around!

AJ said...

That's so funny-I was totally gonna leave a comment about Jess' birthday cake from Leda's (SO GOOD!) but she is clearly way ahead of me...LOL.

Sky said...

AJ - Your comment is still appreciated my dear. :) It's even more proof that non-vegans can enjoy vegan provisions... and in most cases wouldn't even know the difference!