Friday, May 1, 2009

New and Improved

Sometimes when old favorites come out with new flavors and formulations it is a very bad thing. (I'm looking at you, Ciao Bella Chocolate Sorbetto.) Other times, the clouds part, the heavens open up, and angels sing. This is what happened when I heard Earth Balance was coming out with a soy-free variety. The first of it's kind, as far as I know, it sets the standard for taste among non-dairy spreads, while eliminating that pesky bean which seems to be in everything these days. Mad props, Earth Balance. Thank you.
Another favorite of mine, GT's Kombucha is coming out with some new flavors. (So new, in fact, that they're not even listed on the website yet, or I would link to them directly.) Made from "superfruits" like goji berries, and botanicals like red clover, these are complex and delicious flavors that pair well with the tangy fermented kombucha. I don't think I'll be trading in my go-to Trilogy flavor just yet, but it's nice to mix it up every now and again.

I don't know about you, but I love seeing how the vegan food industry evolves. Over the next few years, I think we can expect some amazing products to hit the shelves. I've especially got my eye on the vegan cheeses in the works, but you can count on me to try everything - cheesy or not - I can get my hands on, and I look forward to sharing it all with you, dear readers, so stay tuned.

Coming soon: A Cinco de Mayo Fiesta, a trip to Charlie Phan's new Chinese restaurant, and a give-away you do not want to miss!

2 comments:

melitalee said...

Hey Sky -
Have you come across Bora Bora organic snack bars by Wellements? I found them at a new Fair Trade/organic coffee shop on Fillmore. These are tasty little bars that are organic, GF, non-gmo, zero trans fat, low glycemic carbs, no sugars added, very low in sodium and Vegan...... That about covers everything....ya think? I have never heard of this company and wonder if you had.
Melita- your GF veggie follower
Had a cranberry crunch that was tasty.

Sky said...

Sound like those would be great for just about everybody. :) I haven't tried them but I'll look at Rainbow tomorrow, and if they're not there, what's the name of this coffee joint? Thanks for the tip!