Thursday, May 7, 2009

Maya

I spent Cinco de Mayo with a bunch of friends at Maya. It was the first time there for all but two of us, and those two gave it rave reviews. Because these friends are actually from Mexico, I was already holding Maya in high esteem before I even took my first bite....errr..... gulp. Drinks, after all, have a priority on this holiday.

Mmmm.....margaritas

As for food, we started by ordering a ton of guacamole and chips. The guac, though delicious, was not as good as mine, but hey, nothing is. Maya had me beat on the chips though. There is just nothing like freshly fried, still warm, torilla chips. Yum.

For my entree, I went with the nopales (that's cactus for you gringos) tacos, sans cheese of course, and they were slammin! My only complaint would be that it was a pretty small serving. I should have ordered 4 instead of 3 I guess.

I think I'd like to go back to Maya under normal dining circumstances. We were a party of 13 on a busy-as-hell night, and the service lagged at times. However, the food was good enough for a return visit, so maybe the hubs and I will check it out again soon. It is definitely a great places for us vegans to "eat well with others" and that alone is cause for a fiesta!

No comments: