Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Plant Revisited

It's no secret that I love The Plant Cafe. They have numerous locations around San Francisco, but their sit-down dining outpost is right on the water at Pier 3. It is a gorgeous space in which to enjoy some really yummy food, and my visit there a few days ago was no exception. What was exceptional, however, was my ordering! Normally I go for the Napa Cabbage Salad with baked tofu or the Plant Burger and call it a day, but I was feeling feisty (and super hungry) so I mixed it up this time:

First up was the avocado salad. So glad I tried this! The avocado comes served atop a bed of arugula, fennel, and grapefruit segments, and the whole thing gets topped with crushed macadamia nuts and a creamy black pepper-macadamia dressing. Delicious, and the perfect bright and fresh compliment to my hearty entree:

This is their seasonal special (get it while it lasts) - a cornmeal-crusted tempeh with brussel sprouts, olives and baby broccoli all atop a bed of quinoa and served up with a savory sauce. There were a lot of bold flavors on this plate and I'm not sure all of them worked perfectly together, but it was very yummy and satisfying all the same.

Moral of the story? I (and maybe you?) need to order outside of my comfort zone when dining at familiar places. I may just discover a new favorite!

Speaking of favorites, don't forget to keep checking in at Vegan Favorites. The daily posts there are awesome, and not just because I write half of them. :) I'm off to Florida soon, so say tuned for updates from the land of 80 degree weather and some of my favorite restaurants in the world!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

When are you headed to Florida? I'm heading out March 19-26 (my parents live out there). What places do you like to hit up besides Sublime?!

Sky said...

If you're near Ft. Lauderdale/Miami, Sublime is the best, but there is great vegan food elsewhere in the vicinity like the Cafe at Books and Books on Lincoln Road in Miami and Lido at the Standard Hotel, also Miami. Sushi Samba in Miami also has great vegan options as do most of the Mediterranean places like Pasha and Opa, and just about every Chinese or Indian restaurant.

Here's an old post about central florida eats in case they're up there:

http://eatswellwithothers.blogspot.com/2010/08/central-florida-eats.html

Plus there's always to Whole Foods salad bar. Love that! :)