Friday, February 11, 2011

Cafe Gratitude Update

I hadn't been to Cafe Gratitude in a long long while before last night. I do love it there but lovefest-disguised-as-restaurant thing doesn't always sit well with me, and their affirmation-laden menu still doesn't have an "I am bitter and disgruntled" option. Plus it's winter and I'm not into raw food when cold all that often. That being said, I had a really good meal... and I was happy to see some changes to the menu when I went last night.

All my old favorites were still there, like "I am Fulfilled" (large salad, above), "I am Cheerful" (raw veggie burger made from pumpkin-seeds, walnuts, and spices), and "I am Abundant" (appetizer sampler plate), but there were new cooked additions too!

My cooked curried lentil soup (I forget its affirmation as it was the special soup of the day) was absolutely delicious and perfectly warming. They also added a taco plate and a tamale entree to the menu, both of which sounded reminiscent of the tastiness offered at CG's sister restaurant, Gracias Madre.

So, quirky affirmations aside, I was happy with the new (to me) menu and will happily head back again and again for more organic goodness. Update success!

Up next: Probably some Valentine love. And, as usual, don't forget to check in daily over at Vegan Favorites. Have a great weekend y'all!

No comments: