Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just checking in

Man, is the holiday season in full swing or what? I've been feeling like there's no time to get everything done, let alone eat. I did manage to have a nice dinner out with friends this past weekend, but since we went to our old favorite, Roti, I deemed it unworthy for blogging. Normally I would be putting up some new favorites to pass the time, but even those are eluding me lately. There is one item I saw at Rainbow last week I want to try though: Teese nacho cheese. It comes in a scary red tube (see pic) but is supposedly yummy and has the consistency of Velveeta. As a big fan of nachos, I could see this coming in very handy. Has anyone out there tried it? I'm hesitant to be making nachos and other unhealthy items as the holidays approach and the eat-fest gets into full swing, but I may not be able to resist.



Anyway, I'm counting down the days until me and the hubster leave for New Jersey for some family time, but I've got a couple of new-to-me restaurant reservations in the meanwhile, so stay tuned.

4 comments:

Joselle said...

I ordered Teese mozzarella to make pizza with it. It's okay. Not really better tasting than Follow Your Heart, although it does seem to melt more convincingly (although white liquid came out when I cut into the pizaa, which totally skeeved me out).

I guess it's worth a try but I would never go out of my way to buy it again. I've just resigned myself to not eating cheese at all. The vegan stuff really just isn't as good. Except for some cheese I had in a place in LA. That stuff was scarily convincing.

Sky said...

Dr. Cow is the best ever! Not melty, but for wine and crackers.... oh my god.

thelyonhart said...

you know what i like... cheddar...just sayin...

also, you should totally do a piece on what you end up eating at winberies, cause... it's sure to be and underwhelming look into the vegan option at a regular place

Sky said...

I totally plan on blogging Winberies' Aslan. No doubt. I've blogged some underwhelming places in the past. It's not like there'll be any lack of good food while I'm in NJ though, so I got no complaints. :)