Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Some Days are Soup Days

I'm feeling a little run down today. I think all the traveling and (let's be honest) drinking and having just way too much fun is finally catching up with me. What really sucks is that the weather isn't cooperating at all. SF is having a heat wave and it is GORGEOUS outside. Too bad all I want to do is curl up on the couch and watch Jon and Kate Plus 8. And what goes better with mindless programming and bit of a cold? Soup. Now my favorite soup when I'm sick is the Hot and Sour Vegetable Soup from Citrus Club over on Haight. However, they don't deliver, so this just ain't happening today. Therefore, I must turn to my trusty pantry, where I keep a plethora of the yummiest and healthiest soups around made by Amy's. Today I think I'm going with the Minestrone (pictured). It tastes just like a minestrone should, with the right amount of salty-tomatoey-goodness, the creamy starchiness of the beans, and a smattering of veggies and Italian spices. Pretty dang good for something that comes from a can. So, for taste and convenience, it's my fave of the day. Off to the couch...

No comments: