Monday, August 18, 2008

Cooking for Kids (Both Young and Old)

While I do eat in restaurants quite often, most of the time I'm cooking at home. Actually that is not really true because at home I eat mostly raw foods, so I'm not really cooking.... but you get the idea. Every now and then, however, I do put flame to pot and whip something up, especially when people come over. Last night, our friends and their 3 year old came by for dinner and so I went to an old stand-by: Pasta with veggies. I just sautee some veggies (I used broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, spinach, a bit of carrot, and garlic) in a good olive oil, add a jar of my favorite marinara sauce, toss that with some pasta, and I have myself a tasty and kid-friendly entree. Carb-phile that I am, I of course served it with a fresh loaf of Acme Bread which I warmed in the oven. I was given a savory red pepper tapenade from a certain generous friend, and it was perfect slathered on top. Paired with one of my favorite wines, this meal really hit the spot. On the left are said entree, bread, and wine. (Also note the beautiful gerber daisies given to us by our super awesome guests!) Try not to drool. Maybe if you're nice, I'll even have you over and cook for you one day. Maybe. :)

1 comment:

Joselle said...

Looks good! Glad you enjoyed the tapenade.