Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Eats

I'm feeling much better these days and am almost fully recovered from the nasty flu I had.
And to what do I credit this miraculous recovery? Well, all the normal things like lots of water and rest... but also a large helping of the food of the gods: guacamole. It was the Super Bowl after all, so I whipped up a batch of my famous guac for me and all my friends to devour. It could just be coincidental timing, but after eating copious amounts of the green goodness, I woke up today feeling more like myself than I have in a long while. Thank you guacamole.

Also on my Super Bowl plate were some Gardein buffalo wings and Organicville Ranch. To be honest, I was not impressed with the wings. They had too much vinegary heat and not enough sweet to balance it out. The ranch, on the other hand, was pretty dang good. I will definitely use the leftovers on some salads this week.



For dessert, I decided to try yet another sugar free ice cream. This time around it was cashew and agave-based Freezees 'Fudgee Fudge'. For me, personally, this would have to have a LOT more deep chocolate flavor for the word "fudge" to be appropriate. That being said, it had a decent enough texture and taste. I don't think I'd buy it again, but it wasn't horrible either. How's that for a ringing endorsement? :)


In any case, this is shaping up to be a busy week, but one that will end with a delightful long weekend in Napa full of good food and wine, including a trip on the wine train and a visit to Ubuntu for Valentine's Day. A full report soon to follow. Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Ryan didn't like the wings either, but we both liked the Crispy Tenders! Glad you're feeling better!

Sky said...

Crispy Tenders in the freezer right now. I'll let you know what I think.
And thanks - I am feeling more like myself all the time. Nasty flu!