Thursday, May 28, 2009

Cherrybrook Kitchen Brownies

I don't bake very often, and when I do I like to keep it as simple as possible. This is especially true when I'm baking with kids. Such was the case about a week ago, and I decided to try out a boxed brownie mix. Generally speaking, I've been none-too-pleased with the vegan mixes on the market, but this one blew me away. Want moist, super-rich, fudgey brownies that happen to be free of most allergens (and cruelty of course) to boot? Look no further than Cherrybrook Kitchen. I went ahead and topped these with the leftover mint chocolate discs I had from my trip to Economy Candy, but they would have been better than fine on their own. I haven't had brownies this good in a very, very long time. Next time you or your others are craving some chocolatey decadent squares of goodness, get yourself a box of this mix, the requisite margarine and oil you have to add, and dig in. You will not be disappointed.

5 comments:

Joselle said...

I love those brownies. I made them for my friend's baby shower just because I was too short on time to make something from scratch. Everyone gobbled them up!

Tracy said...

After tasting your delicious treats, I've decided to make some this weekend! Yummers!

Jamie Walker said...

I really want some of these right now! YUM! Where is Economy Candy?

Sky said...

Economy Candy is in NYC, the lower east side to be exact, which makes it a perfect place to go on your way to Mooshoes or Teany. :)

Koekkener said...

I like your recipe. I hope you will post more of this. Thanks for posting this very great article.