Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Bun Mee

Today's post is about yet another place I've been meaning to get to for some time, and I will soon go back, as all the food was so good!  I am quite a lucky gal since these tasty dishes live not many blocks from my house, at Bun Mee.  It's a play on the Vietnamese sandwich banh mi, get it?  Anyway, peep the eats:


First up, fresh spring rolls.  Packed with tofu and noodles and herbs and veggies, these are some of the best in town.  Peanut dipping sauce also stellar.  Sriracha on every table? Perfection.  Just beyond the rolls you can see the also delicious mango sesame salad.  It's tart and bright thanks to the lime juice and ginger and is a great palate cleanser before moving on to the main deal, this Saigon Peanut Rice Bowl with Tofu:


So pretty, right?  The tofu and peanut sauce alone would have been divine but the addition of pickled papaya (say that three times fast) and jalapeno really makes this dish sing.  A lovely blend of textures and flavors that covers all the bases.  The husband tried their vegan banh mi sandwich and loved it, and there are some other vegan options on the menu too, so another trip is definitely in order.

That's is for now but I'll be back soon with some vegan eats from Vegas, baby.  I'm headed there for a vegan friend's bachelorette party, so you know there'll be some yums.  Have a great week, everyone!

3 comments:

Courtney @ Neighborfood said...

Oh yum! I love this kind of food. The rolls look so refreshing and summery. And peanut dipping sauce is always a plus. :)

Sky said...

Peanut sauce indeed, Courtney! Hope you can get to Bun Mee and enjoy some :)

Catherine said...

Dear Sky, I found your site by accident, looking for another site. It is beautiful and delicious.
I too would love this dish. Pickled papaya and jalapeno sound wonderful.
Hope you visit my blog too.
Have a beautiful day. Blessings, Catherine