Monday, January 31, 2011

Sunrise Deli

I'm pretty sure that simple Mediterranean food like dolmas, falafel, tabouleh, hummus, etc., are some of the best foods on the planet. Luckily for me, there is a plethora of such fare in San Francisco, and last night I tried out a new-to-me place that delivered on both flavor and cost: Sunrise Deli.

You're looking at the large Vegetarian Combo. You get two dolmas, two falafel, a mountain of tabouleh, huge scoops of hummus and baba ganoush, tahini, pita (not pictured) olives and pickled turnips all for $8.99! Even better was that it was all delicious. The falafel was cooked perfectly and the baba ganoush was some of the best I've ever had. Delightfully smoky and rich.

I went to the location on Irving Street, but there are two more in the Bay Area, with a third opening soon in downtown SF. I highly suggest you pick one and go.

Up next, I finally make it to a place that's been on my to-try list for months! Stay tuned....

No comments: