Friday, August 20, 2010

Sprig & Vine


Ever since my family did a guest blog post about this new restaurant in New Hope, PA, I've been dying to go. So it was was a very happy day at the beginning of the month when me and my bestest headed over the border to our old stomping grounds. If you've never been, New Hope is a great little town just over the river from NJ. They've got tons of cute shops, good bars and restaurants, and now they have Sprig & Vine too! An upscale, yet casual, vegan eatery is exactly what New Hope was missing, and now they are complete. Seriously, go.




Since it was a Sunday, they were only serving brunch, but what a brunch it is! I was just sad we were too full to try more of the offerings. Here's what we did manage to scarf down:

That, my friends, is a tofu benedict. Two crispy tofu "eggs" sit atop smoked tempeh and spinach which are all piled on english muffin halves. Then the whole shabang gets coated in a rich hollandaise sauce and is served up with the best darn potatoes you've ever eaten. What flavor and texture! It was freakin' insanely good. That's all there is to it.

Up next we ordered the caraway crusted tempeh rueben. Oh lord. I love this sandwich more than any human being should love an inanimate object. It's got thousand island, sauerkraut, pickles.... and the bread is deepest darkest pumpernickel you ever did taste. Heaven. It is making me sad just writing about it because I can't devour it again any time soon. Sigh.

Because we ordered two savory dishes we figured we'd end with a little sweet - an order of the light and fluffy, warm and fresh, cinnamon sugar donuts. I've had quite a few vegan donuts in my day, but none as good as this. They are melt-in-your-mouth fantastic.

So, needless to say, my visit to Sprig & Vine was worth the wait and I'm already trying to figure out how to sneak in another trip when I'm back in the area next time. I mean, if this was just brunch, dinner must be stellar!

Up next: It's off to Florida for good eats of the Sunshine State. Stay tuned!

6 comments:

Andrew Bellware said...

You... make me very hungry...

Sky said...

Are you shaking your fist at me while you say that? Because that is how I imagine it. :)

Andrew Bellware said...

I'm eating toast wif my mouf full when aah sayin-g aht.

Sky said...

butter-less i hope!

Andrew Bellware said...

Stawbehhry jahm...

Sky said...

That's the jam! (haha)