Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Credo

Gotta love Groupon. Or at least, I do. As far as I'm concerned there is no better way to try out new restaurants than on the cheap, so it was with Groupon in hand that the husband and I headed out to Credo a couple weeks ago. Having been eating at all-vegan places pretty often, I was chomping at the bit to get into an omnivorous restaurant and demand things be veganized!


After perusing the menu and placing our order, we enjoyed reading all the "I believe..." quotes splashed on the walls. This would be a great first date place because some of the statements make for excellent conversation starters. I mean, it worked for us and we've been together 10 years! We were noshing on the fantastic focaccia and spicy olives (left) while chatting and, just as our banter was really getting going, we found ourselves with appetizers:




I started as I usually do - with a green salad. This one was particularly good and came complete with slivers of yellow carrots, fresh cherry tomatoes and some wonderful red and green lettuces. It was maybe slightly overdressed, but still very tasty. Good start. For my main dish, I went with three different sides, all of which were inherently vegan so I didn't end up having to demand much of the kitchen after all. Win win!

First I tried the spinach. I love spinach and here it is married perfectly with olive oil, garlic, and lemon. Simple goodness at its finest.

Next to meet my mouth were the potatoes. These spuds are oven roasted with rosemary and olive oil and are so yummy! I mean, I don't think I've ever met a potato I didn't like, but these are really really good.

Saving the best for last, I had the roasted veggies. It's not every restaurant that has a roasted vegetable side dish that includes squash and purple cauliflower. Beautifully seasoned and very colorful, I could have happily eaten my way through a couple bowls of these guys.

So there you have it. Yet another omnivorous kitchen with lots of inherently vegan stuff on the menu. Gotta love it. Even without a Groupon, "I believe" Credo is a good deal!

Next up, eats of the peninsula....

No comments: