Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pizzeria Picco

One of my favorite things to do as a Bay Area resident is to take a warm, sunny afternoon and head up to Marin. Once there, I go straight to Larkspur where nothing beats a hike on the Dawn Falls Trail followed by dinner at Pizzeria Picco. I've been doing this for years now, and the fact that Sunset Magazine just listed the exact same itinerary as one of their faves as well just goes to show I sometimes know what I'm talking about. Sometimes.

Anyway, PP is often packed, but always worth the wait. Yesterday we enjoyed my favorite thing to get there: The Marinara Pizza topped with a Rocket Man salad. This thin crust is brushed with olive oil and tomato sauce and baked in the ovens quickly before being topped with a simple blend of arugula, olive oil, and salt. Perfection of simple ingredients and so, so tasty. Seriously, any Bay Area peeps who haven't been need to go. Check it out:

Delicious.

I'm totally in summer mode these days, but will try to keep up on the posting. Tonight I'm headed to a place I've wanted to try for a long while, so stay tuned for an update soon. Until then, enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments: