Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yup, I'm Old

It's been a while since I've written, and I've missed you blogosphere. Alas, every now and then a girl needs to take a break and turn 30. Of course, it being my birthday, I celebrated the best way I know how - with food! There was wine tasting in Napa, the best meal I've ever had at Millennium, and even a few surprises.

Birthday Chocolate Cheesecake at Millennium
Mmmmmm......

Besides my mom flying in from NJ to join in the festivities, my friends also hired a private chef to come in and do a cooking class/dinner party. Alyssa Cox was fantastic, especially for our slightly tipsy girl energy. :) She let us help out as much as we wanted (or didn't want), she shared great tips of the trade and, most importantly, she made amazing food! We had a 4 course meal consisting of homemade pita and baba ganoush (who knew it could be so easy?!), greek salad with almond cheese (so fresh, so delicious!), quinoa with herbs and pine nuts and raisins (even better the next day!), and some super yummy filo beggars purses filled with walnuts, currants, and chocolate (need I say more?). Happy Birthday to me, indeed. Here's the food:


















As I write this, I've just returned from my final birthday meal - another stellar experience at DOSA. Boy do I just love it there. The gem of the celebrations, however, was definitely meeting Alyssa. If you ever need someone to make you - or help you make - some super great, accessible food, I highly recommend her. I also highly recommend having awesome friends like mine. Thanks to everyone who made my 30th so amazing!!! Now this old lady needs some rest...

5 comments:

Andrew Bellware said...

Happy Birfday!

Joselle said...

Sounds like the perfect way to ring in such a milestone year!

Mary said...

What a thoughtful gift! All the food you made looks delicious, and the phyllo dessert sounds incredible. Happy Birthday!

melitalee said...

Happy Birthday Sky. It looks like your birthday was great. I just celebrated mine at Dosa. Yeah for Gemini.

Sky said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone. I had a delicious time!