Saturday, August 6, 2011

Back to Some Old Faves

When my friends are in town, I like to show off the bounty of great vegan-friendly restaurants we have here in the Bay Area, and what better way to do that than by picking two places that also feature our watershed's amazing produce. Back to Gather and The Plant Cafe we went!

At Gather, the vegan charcuterie is a must. This time around it was as stellar as ever, with the bbq "pulled mushroom" slider (second from the left) being my favorite. Smokey bbq and cool coleslaw perfection.

Up next I had the crazy good - and good for you - kale salad. There is always some version of a kale salad on the menu and it is always delicious. This time there were carrots and capers and pine nuts - oh my!

Behold the beauty that is the spicy tomato pizza. Made with cashew puree instead of cheese, it is warming, rich, and wonderful. The crust alone is worth writing home about. I miss it already.

At The Plant, I got my standards. The summer squash soup (above) was peppery and light and just the right thing to take the ever-so-slight chill out of my bones.

Here you see the MNM salad, my go-to. It was, as usual, full of fresh and crunchy veggies. Like a salad should be.

My stomach is taking a break today after our week of dining out (no I didn't take more pics, sorry), but I'm sure to back out and eating well soon. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!

No comments: