Thursday, July 21, 2011

New Dish at DOSA

The husband and I have developed a delicious habit of eating at DOSA once a week, so our visit there this past Sunday was nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, we sat down and ordered without even opening up the menu. Much to my surprise, our familiar waitress then informed me that my favorite salad (mango and goat cheese, sans goat cheese) was no longer on the menu! I was shocked and saddened, until she told me about its inherently vegan replacement.

Meet the "Mixed Greens, Avocado, and Peach" salad. Served up on an architectural bed of crisp gem lettuces, the buttery avocado and peaches are kissed with a citrus chile dressing that is a beautiful blend of flavors. It's the perfect bright and fresh contrast to the savory and dense dosa that is always my main dish. I think I like it even better than my original fave!

I can't imagine this salad sticks around much past summer, as peach season is short and (literally) sweet, so get in and try it soon.

Meanwhile, I'm dining at a new-to-me place, as well as an old fave, this weekend. Stay tuned and eat well!

No comments: