Thursday, March 18, 2010

Nook at Night

Spring has sprung here in SF. In fact, it actually feels like summer has sprung, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. No matter the real season, the last few nights have been lovely, and there's no better way to experience a nice night in San Francisco than by dining al fresco. There are tons of nice spots where you can grub outside, but I've got a soft spot in my heart Cafe Nook, so that's where I headed last night.

I know I've written about it before, but there is just something about sitting on the sidewalk at this cafe and watching the cable cars go by (see my blurry shot from last night, above) while throwing back a Napa Cabernet that is just so awesomely San Francisco. And the food ain't bad either!

I had my fave combo of the organic greens salad and the hummus plate, which comes with olive tapenade, cucumbers, tomato, and warm pita bread all sprinkled with Mediterranean herbs. So yummy and spot hitting on a warm evening.

Next time you're in the neighborhood on a nice night (or any kind of night really) check out Nook. You won't be disappointed. You can even sate your sweet tooth with some of their vegan pies and cakes! Now if only Swensen's down the street would wise up and offer even ONE vegan ice cream flavor. Sigh....

Off to San Jose for March Madness action and some vegan grubbing this weekend, so have a good one and stay tuned!

No comments: