Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Kudos and Krap

Yes, I know that crap doesn't start with a 'K' but I'm in a mood over the news that Ubuntu will start serving meat (or at least not DISallowing it) on Tuesdays nights when they host guest chefs. I know that I eat in omnivorous kitchens quite often, but Ubuntu was a sanctuary of veggiedom in the meat-centric wine country, and I'm sad to see that be tainted. I agree with Vegansaurus, who writes, "You know what would be more interesting, Ubuntu? Challenge your chefs to make “enlightened” vegetarian food, using all of your bounty; I mean, that garden alone should be able to inspire the Colonel into making some tasty veg eats. If you can’t cut it with those resources and have to use meat, you are a terrible chef."

And all of this after I just ate an amazing meal there this weekend. Will I go again? I guess, but it won't be the same, and I sure as hell won't be there Tuesday nights.

Enough Krap, let's have some Kudos, shall we? Us Bay Area folk now have an amazing vegan event planner among us. Karine Brighten just put together the fabulous Farm Sanctuary Walk (which, by the way, is still open for donations) and is now avaialble for all your event planning needs - from board meetings to blow out bashes! She is organized, personable, and basically knows how to get s*!& done. Totally friendly and professional and I can't recommend her more highly. Go Karine!

Yummy eats are on their way to my belly this week so stay tuned for full coverage...

4 comments:

Sound & Savor said...

I was disappointed to see this announcement from Ubunty. I wonder if this is because their guest chefs are totally clueless about how to prepare food without their precious animal products?

Karine is great and we are planning on collaborating on some events together.

Sky said...

In the Mood for Food + Karine Brighten Events = Awesome. I wish I had a party to throw!

Shannon Michelle said...

Karine did a great job organizing the Farm Sanctuary event. So well that we actually hired her to plan our wedding!

Sky said...

Congrats on the wedding - you're in good hands! (And see you at the bakesale on 12-5 of course!) :)