Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Minneapolis Eats: Ecopolitan

I first remember learning about Ecopolitan when I was a raw foodie years ago. I salivated over the menu online and wished for a reason to go to Minneapolis and dine there. Such an excuse never presented itself, and though a large portion of my diet is still raw, I'm no longer so hyped on the raw tip. Still, I was quite excited to finally step foot inside this bastion of all things good for you. And I do mean all things. In addition to the restaurant there's hydrotherapy, far infrared sauna, an eco-shop, an oxygen bar, breast screening.... the list goes on. I, however, was all about the food.
Sadly, when we arrived at the Ecoplitan building, it was closed. Normally open from 9am-10pm, 7 days a week, it just happened to be randomly closed (with much written apologies on the door) when we went for lunch. No worries though; We just made a point to head there for breakfast on our way out of town. And, breakfast was good.

I had the "rawnola" made from sprouted buckwheat, fruit, nuts, and cinnamon. It gets a pretty little squirt of date paste for light sweetening and is served with a kettle of fresh coconut milk. Beauiful, tasty, and a great way to start my day and end my time in Minneapolis.

Back in San Francisco, I've been a strict 'nutritarian' for over a week now. No restaurants for me, but I promise to share a day-in-the-life-of pretty soon.

No comments: