Monday, July 6, 2009

The Front Porch Cafe

Time to get back to my Miami eats!

Being other-friendly as I am, I always try to find a good brunch place wherever me and the husband travel. It's the one meal he really goes for, being a pancake/French toast/waffle fanatic. I did a little internet-ing and learned that The Front Porch Cafe was a favorite among locals and tourists alike, so off we went.

The first thing I noticed was how non-touristy it was. It truly felt like a neighborhood cafe, and not a popular spot on the famed Ocean Drive (which it is). Nothing here is fancy-pants. Just good food in huge portions being served up fast. Gotta love it.

Next I took a look at the menu. I immediately knew the boy would be happy - breakfast items galore grace the pages of the huge menu, and he went right ahead and ordered the French toast. I was happily surprised to find so many vegan options as well. Not so much for breakfast (though they do have a huge fruit bowl and provide soy milk for lattes and cereals) but the lunch items include a ton of salads and sandwiches which are vegan or could be made vegan pretty easily. I went for the Hummus Pita and was seriously delighted when it hit the table:

This generous portion of hummus and veggies was exactly what I was looking for and so delicious that when we went back later in the week I ordered the exact same thing. The Front Porch is a great value, and veg-friendly to boot. We'll definitely be back, and you should check it out next time you're in Miami as well.

No comments: