Tuesday, July 7, 2009

DiLido Beach Club at the Ritz

For me, the best part of Miami is the beach. I could lay out on the soft white sand, taking intermittent dips in the warm turquoise water, all day. A girl's gotta eat though, so places to do so that also happen to be within walking distance of the sand are key! Not only does the DiLido Beach Club fit the bill, it's also super-yummy and vegan-friendly!

I ordered the fattoush salad (above), which includes greens, tomatoes, olives, and cucumbers in a herb vinaigrette, and comes half inside a hollow bread puff. The presentation makes it look kind of like Pac-Man is devouring your salad, which made me smile. I'm simple like that. I was already smiling though, because before the salad even arrived, a basket of different breads (all vegan!) along with some olives, olive oil, and hummus (below), had already been delivered to the table.Seriously, I could have sat there underneath the umbrella, nibbling on Mediterranean goodies, watching the ocean and the passersby all afternoon. Eventually, however, the pull of the waves beckoned me back to the shoreline. Fortified by my delicious lunch, I had the energy to swim for hours and hours... or at least until dinner. :)

No comments: