Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sweet and Sara Marshmallows

Once upon a time, I won a marshmallow recipe contest conducted by VegNews. It was quite a feat, especially considering I won with a recipe I'd never even tried before. (Shhh, dont' tell anyone.) The prize that arrived on my doorstep was more vegan marshmallows than I could ever eat from Sweet and Sara. Guys, these things are AMAZING. I got to sample all the flavors like Toasted Coconut, Mexican Chocolate, and the Smores - my GOD, the Smores. Mmmmm....
Well, needless to say, I finally did try that recipe I created in my head* and these delectable cubes were perfect. This was a while ago, and I had completely forgotten about all of this until I walked into my local Real Food Company yesterday and saw that they are now carrying the S&S line. Woo-hoo! Please everyone, vegans and others alike, try these marshmallows. They are a bit of heaven here on earth... and my favorite vegan thing of the day.

* Cut a marshmallow in half. Sandwich some strawberry slices between the halves. Stick the whole thing together with a toothpick and dip into some melted dark chocolate. Or, even easier, just dust with cocoa powder. Yum!

No comments: