Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Animal Place

Another post that is not about a restaurant. Forgive me. Some of you may know I care very deeply about this farmed animal sanctuary and that, every now and then, I actually drive out to Vacaville to volunteer there. It is an amazing place that cares for animals whom have had some very horrific lives. Unfortunately for me, and quite fortunately for them, they have the opportunity to move to a much larger farm in Grass Valley. It means I won't be headed out there as much, but it also means that they can help more animals, and I'm all for that! Currently they are trying to raise enough money for a deposit on the land, and I figured I'd pass along the link should anyone feel compelled to send a donation. I don't normally do things like this, but this organization is close to my heart. Check it out here.

So that this post doesn't leave out food entirely, here are some things to look forward to on EWWO: Best places to get vegan pizza, an open discussion about Anthony Bourdain, and the best of the best - fine dining establishments that do right by us vegans. Stay tuned!

No comments: