Monday, June 27, 2011

PowerSource Cafe

My aunt recently moved from Atlanta to SF for work and her office is in the financial district. This is not an area of town I frequent, but thanks to her lunch-time text messages I now know of a few places I've definitely got to try. The other day, I met her at new-to-me PowerSource Cafe and was pleasantly surprised! This little place is serving up extremely vegan-friendly cuisine with very little environmental impact.... and, most importantly, they make their salads almost as big as mine at home. Almost.

That's their "Super Food Salad" which is a huge bowl of spinach topped with goji berries, hemp seeds, broccoli sprouts, and shredded carrots. The dressing is a berry vinaigrette. It was delicious, healthy, and totally hit the mid-day spot. If I worked downtown I'd be there all the time for reals. I was fueled (um, powered) by this lunch for the rest of the afternoon.

I look forward to trying more FiDi lunch spots with my aunt, but stay tuned meanwhile for a vegan feast at a very omni place in my neck of the woods. Happy Monday everyone!

No comments: