Saturday, April 11, 2009

Teany

I've got 24 hours left on the east coast, and while I have plans to meet up with some friends later, I thought I'd take a quick minute to tell you about our first stop on our full day of eating in Manhattan: Teany. I've been here before, but my friend had not, so it was a must. It's cute, it's affordable, and the food can go head-to-head with the magnificent selection of tea they have any day. For the record, I had a delicious Kukicha.

It was brunch time by my standards (just shy of noon) but we both went for lunchy items. I may be restricitng myself, but once I find a favorite at a restaurant, I have a hard time straying to other sections of the menu on subsequent trips, and Teany is no exception. I love their chicken(-less) salad so much that I can't help but order it every time I'm there. It's creamy with full-bodied flavor, and has great texture. You can get it atop a salad, like I did, or in a sandwich. If you go my way, just be warned that they give you way too much dressing. It's delicious, but use restraint.

My friend took the (faux) Turkey Club path and was not disappointed. It looked amazing, she looked quite pleased, and we were both good to go until dinner. Of course, we managed to find room in our bellies for some snacks along the way. That's up next!

No comments: